There are many over the counter drugs that can be used to induce sleep. However, using drugs to induce sleep not only increases the chances of side effects but also lowers your immunity in addition to making you dependent on them.
The good news is that you can easily employ natural ways that can enable you to have that elusive sleep. It is common knowledge that most of health complications are diet related. Therefore, the best natural remedy is knowing how to use your diet to enable you to have that sound sleep.
There are several diet related natural remedies for people who have trouble getting to sleep. These natural remedies can enable you to have a comfortable sleep. Some of these include;
• Almonds – Almonds are known to be rich in Magnesium. Magnesium is known to relax the muscles and promote sleep. Almonds also contains rich source of proteins necessary to stabilize blood sugar levels thus bringing down the heightened level of adrenalin which works in such a manner that induces the dormant rest cycle necessary for sleeping.
• Green tea – Decaf green tea is rich in thiamine, a compound known to help in sleep inducement. You can also use green tea and Chamomile tea intermittently to achieve the best result that helps you to avoid the addictive tendencies.
• Dairy products – Milk, yoghurt, cheese and such other dairy products contain tryptophan which facilitates sleep inducement. On the other side, dairy products are rich in calcium. Calcium is known to have stabilizing effect on nerve fiber which is essential for relaxation of the brain’s nerve muscles.
• Oatmeal – Oatmeal is known to contain a variety of nutrients such as Magnesium, Calcium, Silicon, Phosphorous and Potassium which are all positive ingredients in sleep inducement. The best way to take oatmeal is to avoid adding sugar. Instead of sugar, you may opt for banana or any sweet fruit dressing.
• Banana – This is a very good food for people having trouble getting to sleep. Taking some two bananas before going to bed can go a long way in helping you have a stress-free sleep. Banana is rich in both Potassium and Magnesium, elements best known for their sleep inducing properties. Bananas are also rich in tryptophan, which is known to aid in the production of Melatonin, a hormone known for calming the nerves.
• Cereals – Other than oatmeal, most cereals, especially blended with warm milk and cherries, are known to be a rich source of tryptophan. Taking cereals help in the secretion of sleep hormones in the bloodstream.
• Edamame – This is a recipe rich in Soya derived from Soy beans. It is rich in estrogen-based compounds that are known to help prevent hallucinations and nightmares thus helping you have a trouble-free sleep.
By the way, if you have trouble in sleeping, then you may feel tired and sleepy during the day. So, this article should be helpful for you: Stop feeling sleepy and tired
I have listed several natural remedies if someone is facing trouble going to sleep easily. You might try and see which one works best for you. Different people may find different remedy effective for them. So, all the best!