When should you sleep?
Research has shown that the best time to sleep is before midnight, preferably between 10 PM and 6 AM. The body seems to do most of its healing and recovery during this time and it needs you to be asleep in order to accomplish this. Proper Sleep is essential for healthy life.
3 steps for a good night sleep:
1. Allow one hour before bedtime for a relaxing activity. Watching the news or answering e-mails does not count as these are not exactly relaxing activities.
2. If your mind is relaxed but your body is tense, do some low-intensity stretches and exercises to relax your muscles, especially those in your upper body, neck, and shoulders. (Check out Tip#22 from the following post: Tips to Manage Stress
3. Allow at least three hours between dinner and bedtime. The brain does not sleep well on a full stomach. It is advisable to go light on dinner but do not skip it altogether. If you feel hungry while going to sleep, you can try protien rich energy bars.
Books to help you further:
1. How to get rid of insomnia naturally and get a good night's sleep
2. Home Remedies For Insomnia - Treat Insomnia at Your Home Tonight & Make 6 Hours Of Sleep Feel Like 10. Double Your Energy